Sunday 15 June 2014

I Barbecue..

" I barbecue, therefore I am."- Rene Descartes

Yes my posts have been (terribly) lacking lately. June has been busy (terribly busy) but I have no excuses! Today is a new day and I promise to do better. Since it is Father's Day and because it is finally starting to feel like summer (with the exception of all of the rain we got today!), I thought I would share a recipe for the best ever pork tenderloin...ever!  I don't even like pork (seriously.. pork and I have never really been close friends, not really even acquaintances..) but this was so good when my friend Heather served it to me after working a long day shift that I had to bum the recipe and re-create it myself. It's sweet, tender and using the left over marinade to make a bad-ass demi-glaze is the topping on the cake...'er I mean pork.

Anyway, happy Father's Day to all the wonderful dads out there especially mine who was always there when I needed him. He was even there that time I got a flat tire in a rain storm as well as that time I ran out of gas (well maybe the few times). I also can't forget about the time I left my car in neutral and it rolled across the front yard into the ditch. He has always had lots of patience (please refer to previous two sentences), he has always supported me and has always helped me be my own, one of a kind person! Thanks Gary!

 Recipe follows as well as one for a very complimentary salad dressing (also from Heather...she is that good!).
-m




Glazed Pork Tenderloin (the best ever)!

In a small mixing bowl combine...
  • 2 tbs of balsamic or red wine vinegar (whatever you got!)
  • 2 tbs of honey
  • 1 tbs of olive oil
  • 2-4 cloves of garlic crushed
  • 2 tbs of grainy mustard
  • 1 good twist of the pepper mill and a good sprinkle of salt
Whisk it all together and pour over two pork tenderloins and allow to marinade for a few hours if time is on your side. Pre-heat your bbq to high...yes high! Grill on one side for seven minutes, turn and grill for six more minutes. Flip then turn off grill and allow it to sit for 3-5 minutes. While your grill is grilling away, pour the rest of your marinade into a small sauce pan and then pour a cup of red wine in with it. Simmer it on medium heat and allow to boil off...trust me, this will leave you with the yummiest glaze ever. When your pork is off the grill, allow to rest for a few minutes before slicing, topping with a little glaze and  serving it to hungry people! It goes great with smashed new potatoes and a fresh summer salad!

Delicious Summer Salad

This dressing is the bomb..I have seriously eaten salad every single day since I made it. It is extra good on a salad made of mixed greens with a little apple and/or a little pear and a little slice of goats cheese. It is especially good when it is warmed! Enjoy all!

In a mason jar or a small mixing bowl (I choose mason jars because you can just shake it up when you want without getting anything on ya!) combine...
  • 2 tbs white balsamic (the one I have is infused with pears! Its the bomb....)
  • 1 tbs of honey
  • 1-2 tsp of grainy mustard (go with the two!)
  • Juice of half a lemon
  • 1/2 cup of olive oil
  • Salt and pepper to taste
Shake it up and enjoy! It is that easy !

No comments:

Post a Comment